Sunday, March 11, 2012

June's Scrapbook Class 2-13-12

Every month for the last few months, I've been taking a scrapbook class at the Cherry Tree Shop in Beaumont, CA.  The instructor June Maher.  She is awesome and I don't know how she comes up with the things she does.  She puts a boatload of technique or paper piecing in each layout.  This time is was technique.  I was at a crop last Thursday and was finally able to add some old pictures I found while organizing.  These pictures are from my daughter's prom back in high school.  She now has children of her own.  In fact, her son just turned 17 last week.  UGH!  where does the time go.  Anyway, I just had to share:
The papers are Bo Bunny's Enchanted.  All the edges of the papers are distressed adding dimension to the layouts.  A Martha Stewart punch was used for the scalloped black mat.  Two peacock feathers were clipped and used on the left.  The angel was cut from cricut.  She was actually the tooth fairy but looks beautiful here.  Flowers and baby breath are from Michaels.  So, when you shop, look at all the aisles, not just the scrapbook section.  Enchanted was cut from a separate piece of paper and pop-dotted on the page.  These pages were perfect for these shots.  I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.



1 comment: