Friday, April 12, 2013

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrapbookers

I live in a retirement community in Southern California.  There are lots of groups and I found myself gravitating to the Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrapbookers and Cardmakers...they really do all kinds of paper crafting...it's a great group...In January, one of the instructions decided to quit and I was asked to help lead the group of about 30 women.  We meet twice a month on the second and forth Thursday of the month.    In this session, I did a two-page scrapbook layout and a card.  Patty, my co-hort in crime, did two cards.


In my first layout, I used Taffy background cardstock from Close To My Heart.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and cut the Taffy gingham 11" dolly.  I then used a Martha Stewart punch and punch the top and bottom of Dots for You 3 x 9 paper.  The butterfly paper is 2 x 6.  I used the Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge and cut various sizes of circles from 3" to 3/4 " using 9 different pattern papers...some are attached with 1/8" and 1/4" pop dots.  Close to My Heart Lagoon paper was used for the picture mat and sentiment.  The end cap feature was used in the Plantin School Book cricut cartridge to cut the sentiment. I backed it in white and used 1/8" pop dots. All the pieces with distressed using Close to My Heart Chocolate Ink.



 I used all the same papers from the 1st layout to complete this second page.  Only the top circle is pop dotted and again, all pieces are distressed using Close to My Heart Chocolate Ink.  I hope you like these layouts.


1 comment:

  1. Love the colors here, and the use of the pop dots with the circles for added dimension! ( Also, I love the name of the crafting group) :)

    ReplyDelete