Monday, October 7, 2013

Julie Nutting Doll Class

Well I did a Make n Take at the Cherry Tree Shoppe using Lorrena, the Julie Nutting Doll Stamp from Prima and Graphic45 paper.  Well not all Graphic45!!!!!  Also added some bling.  It was a fun class and everyone had a good time.  I always like to add a little surprise, so this time I introduced Quilling.  I have to admit that I don't do a lot of quilling, but I do like it and wanted to show the class a little something.  We did just the basic circle in class, but I did send them home with paper and instructions to complete a snowflake.  Can't wait to see the results.

Here is a picture of my Halloween Lorrena Doll.
I'm not sure who made the background paper...but it's 6 x 12.  I had them cut a small piece off the top on one side, then take that piece to the other side and make the same cut to form the tag.  Then using the crop a dile, we punched a large hole and set an orange eyelet.  We then glued 6" of beaded ribbon to the bottom of the tag.  From Graphic45, we cut the corset and 3 bottles.  From another sheet of Graphic45, we cut the "book".  Since there were 6 different designs on this Steampunk paper, I let them choose which "book" they wanted.  We stamped Lorrena on the Prima Tag paper.  This paper is about 90 lb paper and is perfect for these dolls.  From My Mind's Eye, Happy Haunting Collection, we cut the bottom of the skirt.  I used basic glitter paper to cut the bodice and ruffle of the dress.  We used Copics to color the hair and Stickles to color the headband in her hair.  Lastly, we added some gems on the open areas of the tag and ran ribbon and yarn through the eyelet.....Done!

My introduction to Quilling was short n sweet.  We made a window card, I gave them a handout with 15 or so different quilling techniques and paper and picture of a snowflake for them to practice.


I used Lasting Impressions paper, cut to A2 size.  I had them pen the faux stitching around the opening and around each circle on the front of the card.  Using Close To My Heart Stamp Set C1005 Whoops a Daisy and Close To My Heart Honey Ink, they inked the base of the daisy.  We used Goldrush Ink for the shaded part of the daisy.  After masking the daisy, we used Topiary Ink for the base of the leaves and New English Ivy for the shading on the leaves.  We then penned around the outside of the card and around the daisy and leaves.  The center of the daisy is a Quilled Loose Circle.  I demonstrated how to take that circle and make a teardrop, curved teardrop, marquise, curved marquise, and a square.  I then took another piece of quill paper and showed them how to make a heart and an S shape since those shapes are used in making the snowflake.  I also brought a picture frame that I did some basic quilling techniques to show how to put flowers together and a few books for them to look through.

No comments:

Post a Comment