Sunday, October 13, 2013

Sisterhood of the Traveling Scrapbookers and Cardmakers 10/10 class

Well it was time to put Scrapbooking back in the mix since I haven't done it in awhile.  So, I found some great paper on sale from My Mind's Eye and decided to make a Halloween 2 page layout for the group.


What I wanted to do here was to teach the group how to match pattern paper.  So, this one is really busy.  I really like how it turned out.  All the paper is My Mind's Eye.  It's not a brand that I use much, but it was a great sale and I couldn't pass it up.

The diecuts were cut using Cricut Craft Room FREE Theresa Collins Image of the Week.  I actually cut a bat border and a skull border.  And, I cut enough for the people who confirmed....then I got another email from someone who wanted to join us and I couldn't say no....so, I revamped the page and cut the borders apart.  It actually worked out better to cut them apart.  After backing the purple "Spooky" Title with black, we used a white gel pen to ink faux stitching on the black and the Close To My Heart black liner pen to pin faux stitching around the "ticket".

I used the Graphic45 Steampunk stamp Something Wicked This Way Comes to stamp in the oval cut from a Sizzix die.  Ye,s I still use my Sizzix even after I purchased my Cricut and Silhouette.  I can't seem to part with it.  But, I know that day is coming.  I also used the flourish stamp in the Close To My Heart Stamp set C1466 Instant Memories to stamp on the skull.  The photo mats are cut 4.5 x 6.4 to allow a border around the pictures.  I also showed them how to cut photo corners out of a 2 x 2 piece of black cardstock.

The diecuts are all pop dotted and really that's it. Patty (my cohort in crime) get to split the $6.00 we collect from each student to teach this group, we really love the friends we made here and try our best to come up with fun ideas.  I get another $3.00 from those that wish to take the scrapbook section of the class.  By shopping the internet for great deals, I was able to pull this 2 page layout off for only $3.00 plus shipping.  I still have a lot of paper left over and will be able to make quite a few cards for the troops.
This was my week to make 1 card/project for the group plus the 2 page layout.  I purchased the Close To My Heart Clear Treat Tubes (6 tubes with lids 4 3/4 x 1 for $5.95).  During Shop Hop, I was able to find some SRM Halloween stickers.  If you haven't used these, you are missing out.  You get enough stickers on the sheet to make 12 of the same projects.  The Happy Halloween and Candy Corn came on one sheet, and I also purchased a second sheet of borders, which I cut in half to put around the bottom of the tube.  So to complete this project, I first used the Close To My Heart 2" Scallop punch and some orange pattern scrap paper.  I then used the Close To My Heart 1 1/4" circle punch which matched the candy corn sticker with the circle exactly!!!!!  I then cut a purple piece of scrap paper and attached the Happy Halloween sticker.  The cat came from my stash.  A few years ago I purchased these diecuts (12 to a page)...not sure where they came from but the diecuts were 2 each of 6 different images. Cats, ghosts, scarecrows, pumpkins, monsters and can't remember the last one...anyway, these have slits in them to put in quarters....they were suppose to be used as Halloween treats instead of candy.   I let the group pick out which die cut they wanted.  I also let them pick out which border they wanted to wrap around the bottom of the tube.  We punched a small hole in each of the three elements we chose.  We wrapped Halloween black, white and orange bakers twine 3 times around the tube, tied a knot, attached our 3 elements and then tied a bow.  I brought a large container of M & M's and each person filled their tube....another project completed for less than $3.00 each.  It was another great class and everyone enjoyed themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment