Monday, February 20, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 12

This weekend was a busy one.  Saturday I spent the day cropping with friends.   Sunday we all went to the Riverside County Date Festival in Indio.  We had fun on all the rides and fair food is always good.  Well, I added 4 more cards for you to review.
In card 37 I used another one of my Penny Black stamps.  Mimi is sooo cute in her green outfit...like any girl, it's all about the shoes and Close to My Heart had the perfect stamp for shoes and sentiment.  The papers are DCWV.  Mimi's hat is 100 Black.  The reds are R24 and 27.  Her hair is YR21, E30, 33 and 35.  For her skin, I used E000, 00, 11 and R20.  Her dress is G00 and G02.  I penned the floor and her shadow is C1.  As always, coloring Mimi puts me in a happy mood.
Card 38 was another fun card to make because I got to play with my alcohol inks.  I used caramel with my blender ink on my stamp pad and just bounced my way around a piece of shinny cardstock.  Then stamped with one of my mounted stamps.  Thinking of You is another mounted stamp and the sentiment is raised with pop-dots.  The papers are all scraps.
Again, card 39 uses paper from my scrap bin.  The stamps are mounted.  I'm not sure where I got my mounted stamps....I bought them quite awhile ago.  I rounded the corners of the card to soften the edges and added 3 pearls as shown on the sketch.  I colored the leaves with copics YG11,17.
The sketch for card 40 used eyelets.  But, to tell you the truth, I forgot how to set eyelets in the middle of the page.  I've used my crop-a-dile for so long now and they can only be set so far in....  I used a CTMH stamp for the faux stitching and sentiment.  My stamp was longer than the area I needed to stamp, so I masked each side so the stamp would be just where I wanted it.  Instead of eyelets, I used buttons.  Most of them are black, but the center and 4 corners are navy blue.


Only 10 more cards to post and then I'm done.....whew 50 cards in 29 days....needless to say, I'll have my cards completed for the whole year.

No comments:

Post a Comment