Sunday, February 26, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 14

This is the last day for me on the Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog Hop....here are the last 5 of the 50 cards I made this month.  Whew.  This was a lot of fun and I'm going to miss going on the site everyday.  So let's begin:
Card 46 is made with glitter and stickers.  On the flower sticker, you take off a section at a time and add the glitter from dark to light.  So, I took off all the sections of the dark green first...then glittered that...next the brown, etc.  You use double sided glue sheets and they are heavy duty so the glitter just shines.  This technique uses little glitter, but you will have it all over you for a couple of days and all over your craft room for weeks.  I just love this glitter and play with it as often as I can.
Card 47 uses the same vinyl stickers as card 46, but this time I didn't glitter it in.  I placed the sticker on a piece of acetate and filled in the back with alcohol ink.  The papers and ribbon are from my stash.
Card 48 uses scrap paper and a stamp from Outlines.  Take a moment to check them out.  I love their stamps and they are so original and clever in showing you how to use them...a lot of layering.  Here I colored the hearts and flowers with alcohol ink.  I made 3 stamps of the heart and layered it with pop dots.  I added liquid glass in the center of the flowers and liquid pearls all over the heart.
I make cards and send them to the troops through Mothers Cookies - a group of women that send out packages every single month.  These cards go to the troops for their use.  Something to write in and send home.  I used sizzix dies to cut the flower and pocket, a Close To My Heart stamp for the stitching and a wood stamp I had for the sentiment.  Stickles were used to add a little bling to the flowers.
My last card is a card I made for my mother.  I used the masking technique.  First I stamped the House Mouse onto the paper.  Then I covered it with another image of the same stamp and cut out.  Then I stamped the Close To My Heart band-aid all over the card...then filled in the spaces with another CTMH stamp.  I used water color pencils to color the mice and hearts.  I finished this card by using my black writer to write the words Get W....on the mouse's tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment