Sunday, February 12, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 7

The 7th day is a day of rest and I got to play all day in my craft room.  Couldn't ask for anything more restful than that.  Yesterday, I got two stamps delivered from Outlines and can't wait to use them.  But, today I get to share more cards from the Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog.
Card 18 is 98% Close to My Heart.  I did use a Giant Marvy punch to make the tags.  The colors I chose for this card are Hollyhock, Sunflower and Sweet Leaf.  The stamp I chose is Brushstroke Flowers.  I used direct to paper technique on the background using Hollyhock ink on Hollyhock paper.  I then took a white piece of CTMH cardstock and stamped in first and second generation.  After stamping, I punched out my tags with the color combinations I wanted.  I used CTMH hemp to tie the tags together and then pop-dotted them to stay in place.  A CTMH writer was used around the tags.
In card 19 I used paper from my stash.  I cut out a two 6" stripes from a sheet of paper.  One of the stripes I glued to my dotted paper BEFORE I used the Cheery Lynn Die.  The second strip I cut to use on the background sheet.  Since both pieces were from the same 12" piece, I was able to line them up perfectly.  Thanks is a CTMH stamp and I used a CTMH writer for the faux stitching.  My fiber is yarn from Michael's that I had in my stash.  The round sentiment is pop-dotted.
In this card, I used the Cheery Lynn Dies again.  They have a see through element which lets you line up the design you want to cut out.  This mum screamed that it wanted to be on this card.  The chocolate cardstock is CTMH.  The label is from Spellbinders Nestabilities.  I antiqued the edges using CTMH sunflower and the stamp is another CTMH .  I have over 100 of the CTMH sets so you will see them all over my blog.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - you've been busy with the blog hop! What a fun way to spend a day! Beautiful cards!!!

    ReplyDelete