Monday, February 6, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 3

February is Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog Month.....If you are looking for card sketches, Let's Scrap Blog is where it's at!!!  Here are my takes on the next few legs of the blog.
I started out making this card in blues...I didn't care for the blue horizontal trip I had so went looking for a new scrap....when I came across this piece, I redesigned the whole card.  The dollie die is from Cheery Lynn nesting dies.  I cut it from CTMH Taffy paper which is also the card backing.  The spotted paper is vellum and I purchased the flowers from QVC.  The brads and stamp are CTMH.  The pen work around the dollie is a Gelly Roller White Pen.
Card 8 was a fun card to make.  The background paper was from my stash.  The black papers are from Scrap in A Snap.  I use to sell for them before they closed shop.  I colored the Penny Black Mimi stamp with Copic Markers.  I just learned how to shade with copics and this is my 4th attempt.  I used C1 and C5 for the hat and cupcake.  The reds on the bowl and cupcake liner are R22, R24, R27 and R29.  For the face I used E000, E00, E11 and RV21.  The hair was colored with E30, E33, E35, E37 and YR21.  The shading on the eggs is E51.  The button is CTMH and the twine is from Sew Easy.  I purchased 4 of the Penny Black Mimi stamps so I hope I get to use the others during the blog hop.
Card 9 is 100% Close to My Heart.  The paper is from my stash scraps.  I used Bubblegum, Clover Meadow and Sunflower inks.  The good thing about CTMH is that their papers match their inks, so the papers I used were Bubblegum (both the cardstock and background) and Pansy Purple.


Well, I'm behind schedule so I better get back to my craft room to make some more cards...Oh dear, my house is going to suffer this month.

1 comment: