Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 13

Well I have been asked to go over step by step the use of alcohol inks so tomorrow I will be spending the day playing to come up with some good pictures.  Today, is all about the Let's Scrap Leap Around the World Blog and I have 5 more cards to post.
I turned sketch 41 on it's side and decided that the layering looked like steps so I made this three step card from a 5 1/4" x 10 1/2" piece of double sided cardstock.  I first scored 3/4" on each of the long sides then I turned my paper and scored at 2 5/8", 5 1/4", 7", 8 5/8" and 9 1/2". I took my x-acto knife and cut on the 3/4" scoreline from the 2 5/8" score to the 9 1/2" score line and did my valley and mountain folds.  The stamp and the sentiment are CTMH and the flowers are from Heartfelt Creations.  I stamped them in 3 colors to match my paper, cut them out and cupped the petals using my 8 mm McGill stylus.   Then I pop-dotted them to the steps of the card.  My flower lady was colored with copic markers to match the paper.
The hardest part about this sketch was the measurement of each piece.  I visualized this 6" x 6" card in quarters, then started with the 1" x 3" piece in the lower right hand side and worked from there.  I used all pink scraps.  One - the sketch was in pink and Two - pink is my favorite color.  After I figured out all the dimensions, I reduced them by 1/16" on each side so you could see the black.   The sentiment is another CTMH stamp.
Card 43 I made the day I was playing with my Ranger alcohol inks. This is caramel and latte on plain white cardstock.  It really uses a lot of ink.  The stamp and sentiment are mounted wood block stamps and I'm no longer sure where I got them.  The flourish is a sizzix die.  The bottle layer piece is pop-dotted.
This card uses Close To My Heart paper and stamps.  Well the girl and the hearts are CTMH.  The sentiment is a block stamp.  I used 3 heart eyelets to complete the simple detail.

I turned sketch 45 into a waterfall card.  You pull the ribbon at the bottom down and the scallops flip up and slide under the horizontal strip until you see the last sentiment.  This was fun to make.  Later this week, I will give you all the details and add some additional pictures so you can make this card yourself.   For basics, it is a 5 1/2" x 4 1/4" card.  I used my marvy scalloped punch and oval punch to make the 4 sentiments.  The CTMH ribbon is tied at the bottom and I used an extra circle to reinforce the paper.


Well I have 5 cards left before the end of the month.  It's been fun making so many cards and my house has suffered.  I'll be glad to get back to scrapbooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment