Friday, February 10, 2012

Let's Scrap Blog Around the World Day 6

Here I am again and I have 3 more cards to share with you.  That's a total of 17 out of the 50 I need to complete by the end of the month.  I'm guessing 3 cards a day will give me a little wiggle room.
A couple days ago, I spent the day with my daughter in my craft room.  She wanted to make an envelope valentine's album for her DH.  We first pulled the paper and then the embellishments.  After that I pulled out my stamps and inks.  I was still inspired by everything we did and came up with this card after she left.  The red paper is from my stash, the black paper, Love stamp and inks are CTMH, the black striped paper is DCWV.  Simple but packs a punch.
Card 16 is sure to please your feminine side.  The background paper on this 6 x 6 card is from my scraps.  I used Martha Stewart punches to make the lace border, marvy punches for the leaves and a Pine Cone Press sticker in the center.
 HEHEHE...it takes me the longest to color the Penny Black Mimi stamps, but I have to admit they are the most fun....this card just screams fun to me.  In this 6 x 6 card, I used Bo Bunny papers for the background and Copic markers to color Mimi.  Her hair is YR21, E33, E35, and E37.  Her face is E000, E00, E11 and RV21.  For her dress, hair ribbon, stockings and cherry, I used R22, R24, R27 and R29.  The cupcake frosting and liner are R81, R83 and R85.  I used Y02 for the center of the flower and on the cupcake beading.  I also used G00 on her wings and cupcake beading.  Celebrate is a CTMH stamp.  I hope you like her as much as I enjoyed coloring her.

3 comments:

  1. Love the Mimi the bestest!! She's so cute. The Love one is great too! Good Job :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Vallarie, thanks for the invitation to visit and join your blog. I am really liking the cards you are making for "the hop," and will look for the one you create for my blog challenge! Glad you have the option to "subscribe by email," because it is a reminder to me to check you out! lol Glad you joined Let' Scrap! K

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad that you have joined us over at Let's Scrap. You have made some really beautiful cards and I can't wait to see what you create next.

    ReplyDelete